August Featured Space: Bedroom - Conquering Closets {part 2}

I left you earlier this week with a view of our newly updated closet space in what once was our guest room and is now our master room!


We installed our closet storage system on the right side....


However, we were still left with a blank slate for the left side...


Until today... when I was happily surprised by the work my handy hub and is papa did last night!


Yes my blog friends, that is a desk!  We are no longer residing in our lower level {for what we are thinking could be up to 6 months to a year}, so we had to make a super quick office out of our new bedroom space {since our previous work spot was in the lower level of our home}.

How did my handy guys make this quick little project happen?  They just installed a wooden ledge around the perimeter of the closet, and set a piece of painted MDF on top!


It took less than an hour, only because they also beveled out a spot for our chair to slide in and tuck away. 

And because the rest of this makeover has to cost me next to nothing, I took what once was a black Ikea floating shelf that resided in our guest room


and gave it a coat of primer and paint to take it from black to white!

Which was also installed!


Giving me the most perfect blank slate to start shopping for things around the house and start accessorizing and setting up shop!!  My favorite part!


We definitely have some tricks up our sleeves on how to get this space up and running and completely functional for handling what equates to a couple of hours of work per day, so as I always say, "Stay Tuned" for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment