Giddy for Gold Studio Accents

First, sorry for the late post.  In all honesty, my initial post plan isn't ready so I had to improvise and give ya something else {which I am personally more excited about anyway!}.

Yesterday I shared my first step at bringing a few gold accents into my studio space.


And although my studio hasn't gotten much attention lately, I have been slowly working at making it a happy place to work each day.

Here is the new box in her new home now...


Then, ArtsyMomma made a comment on the post reminding me that Champagne colored spray paint exists.  I instantly went out and snagged myself a can to get going on a few other accents for my space.

I am always preaching that I think you should love the spaces you work and live in, so when organizing, I am always trying to think of ways to not only help blend the systems in with the decor, but to also tweak things until I am super smitten with them. 

When it comes to storing some of my daily office accessories, I wanted to keep them out of the drawers and easy to access.  So, I started out with some simple votives and bud vases...


Not only do I love small votives and vases for the fact that they are extremely inexpensive storage, they are also super versatile!  They can hold anything from pens and pencils to Q-Tips and flossers. 

However, the ones I had on hand around the home were a little too simple.  And I was feeling crafty.  And looking to play with the champagne spray paint!

So here are a few super simple ways I found to spruce up typical candle votives and bud vases to give them a little more life.

I started out with a plain glass candle votive, a hole paper punch, scrap vinyl and my spray paint:


I punched the vinyl circles and stuck them randomly onto the votive.


Gave it a quick coat of spray paint...


And while it dried, I moved onto the small scalloped dish.


Which I dipped into a small dish of metallic paint....


And then quickly grabbed for my hair dryer to stop the dripping process and help dry it a bit...


And then while that dried... I grabbed the two wall bud vases:


And wrapped a few pieces of Washi tape around them:


And here they are now looking all glammed up for the ball!


A few accessories later and there is so much cuteness I can barely stand it!!


Although I haven't shared it yet, we have been working on putting in a second workspace in the studio, which is where these goodies would be living.

Here is a sneak peak of them in action!


I will definitely be whistling while I work!  So much happiness in one little spot!  Here are a few more close ups of the easy peasy little splashes of gold:





I am officially sold on gold!

How have you been bringing happiness into your workspace?

No comments:

Post a Comment