Reader Space: Organized Gift Wrap Goodness!

I have featured a few different gift wrap organization solutions, however, no single solution always works for everyone.  Variety is key when it comes to organization since we all work differently, so I am excited to share with you how one reader is stashing away her gift wrapping supplies, in a super functional {and absolutely adorable} way!


Abby is a darling gal who runs a blog titled Just a Girl and Her Blog.  She shares her daily sweetness and home projects with the world wide web, and recently revealed her beautiful master bedroom makeover.  Although there is endless goodness in her room update, you know my heart did back flips for one part in particular.  The concealed gift wrap organization.  It's fan-freaking-tastic!!!


What is the main function of the project?

"This trunk that we use for gift wrapping supplies resides in our newly-refreshed bedroom! Because we live in a small-ish townhouse, many of our pieces of furniture do double or triple duty. The trunk provides a seating area for putting on shoes, a resting place for the laundry basket while I'm putting away clothes, and now has the additional responsibility of corralling all of our wrapping paper, gift bags, gift boxes, and bows so that we always know where to find exactly what we need."



Any superstar tips for keeping it organized?

"Everything has a specific place {with a label!}.  It can be really tempting to throw everything in the trunk and just close the lid, but when everything has its own little area, it's easy to return things to their rightful 'home' and keep it organized. I really tried to use the sides of the trunk and maximize the usage of vertical space so that everything wasn't laying on top of each other, which helps too."



What items were essential when working on this project?

"The tension rod made it super easy to corral the gift bags and boxes and Command strips and hooks really helped with the hanging storage. I am definitely a fan of baskets and bins and incorporating them into this space to hold ribbons and bows was a no-brainer! And, as always, labels, labels, labels!


In addition to printing and laminating labels for each section of storage, I used washi tape and my label maker to label my greeting card organizer. The little pops of color make me smile every time I open it!"


 

What did you do to go the extra mile and "Make it Pretty"?

"Even though I knew it would be underneath the wrapping paper and other supplies, I lined the bottom with pretty chevron shelf liner that I picked up at T.J. Maxx. Every once in a while I'll catch a glimpse of it peeking through, and it makes me smile! Plus it helps to protect the trunk a little bit.


The other colorful accessories also helped to prettify this little beauty--labels and various baskets and bins complimented the already colorful wrapping paper, gift bags and boxes, and ribbons and bows."



What items did you DIY to stay on a budget?

"I was making over the rest of the room, so this trunk needed some major love while I was at it! It started out pretty rough.


The paint made a huge difference. This was my first project using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, which was really fun. I loved that it helped me to take an old, worn out hand-me-down piece and give it new life again. It gives the room more of a personal touch instead of going out and buying something off the shelf.


Once the trunk was painted, the organizational systems just fell into place. I used an inexpensive tension rod, wire bin, and expandable file from Target and the little green bins are from Dollar Tree--4 for $1! Holla!"


How has this project impacted your life for the better?

"I have always loved making gifts look extra special with pretty paper and bows, but I was so not motivated when I had to look through a big pile of crunched up, unorganized materials to try to find what I needed. 

Our new system makes it so easy to find what I need quickly and then just pop it back into its place. Everyone is going to be getting the cutest wrapped gifts from us!"


And since we all love a good before and after:



How can you not want to organize your gift wrap after a story like that?  So much about this project to crush on!

  • The trunk makeover alone is beautiful!  I love how the paint transformed her outdated storage.
  • Lining anything with bright and pretty paper is sure to bring a smile to your face. 
  • The card organizer was functional from the start, but the addition of pretty washi labels really makes it sing!  And I love that she selected an accordion organizer for her cards.  Smart girly!
  • The tension rod really adds oodles of storage along the edge of the trunk, I love that gift bags and boxes can be easily stored in a compact way.
  • Abby added hooks for her scissors and supplies, right on the walls of the trunk.  Another great use of space and they will always be easy peasy to find.
  • The use of a small dowel for her ribbon within the basket is another great tip!  It is simple to swap out ribbon, and to quickly pull some in the middle of a wrapping job.
  • She put baskets inside of baskets!  They act as great dividers for her bows and gift toppers.
  • This project was all done on a budget and with inexpensive solutions from Target and the dollar store.  Yet it looks like a million buckaroos!

A HUGE thank you to Abby for submitting her darling project and giving me a little extra inspiration to get my wrapping supplies under control.  Seriously, mine look far worse than her before image... it isn't a pretty picture.

Were you able to snag some ideas and inspiration from this wonderful feature as well?  Where do you store your wrapping essentials?


ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please submit your story and photos here and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and unedited.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment