UHeart Organizing: Get Out of a Storage Jam with Jars

Chelsea is SO right.  Jars are one of the hottest storage solutions out there right now.  They are affordable, versatile, pretty, rustic, traditional, beautiful, simple, modifiable, current yet classic and just plain fabulous.  The ways to use jars as storage are endless, and Chelsea from Two Twenty One is here today to share some of the ways she currently uses jars within her own home, and a few other ideas for ways you can as well!


Hey, IHeart readers! I don't know about you, but I feel like jars are everywhere right now. And they aren't just for jam anymore. People are putting desserts, flowers, candles, body scrubs, herbs, etc. in jars. So today I'm stopping by to share how I've used jars in my organizational efforts in my recently updated home office/craft room. I'm also sharing how you can use jars to organize other items in your home.

A couple years ago, I picked up a box of vintage Ball mason jelly jars at a thrift store for $1 each. They were too unique to pass up. When I purchased them I didn't have a certain use in mind, but I knew I could find something to do with them. Ultimately, I put most of the jars to use in my home office/craft room.

They're prefect for storing my bakers twine.

 
Buttons.

 
Washi tape.

 
And for displaying my late grandmother's vintage wooden thread spools.

But I know not everyone has small craft or sewing supplies to store. So I thought I'd share some other ideas of how you could put jars to use in your home.

Loose change a problem? Keep a jar in the spot where you or your partner tend to set down your coins.


Add some character to your bathroom by storing cotton swabs or cotton balls in jars.


Dog treats look better in a jar than in the box or bag they came in, don't you think?


Here are some other things you could store in jars:

extra paint for touch-ups • clothespins • safety pins • sewing supplies • makeup sponges • nails • crayons • tealight candles • flatware • matches • cupcake liners • pencils • pens • markers • wine corks • cake decorating tips • candy • baking/cooking ingredients • golf tees • yarn • costume jewelry • makeup brushes • homemade laundry detergent • pushpins

Really, the list is endless. And remember, jars come in all shapes and sizes so you're not limited to storing only small items in jars.

How do you use jars in your home to stay organized?



"Hey friends!  I'm Chelsea from Two Twenty One!  I'm a twenty-something living in Indiana with my husband, Brad, and our crazy mutt, Jack.  My loves are photography, travel, DIY projects, baking, wine, sarcasm and my iPhone.  The husband and I are attempting to make our home a little less cookie cutter and a lot more awesome.  My little slice of the internet, Two Twenty One, is where I share my latest home improvement projects, furniture makeovers, crafts, recipes and home & seasonal decor ideas.  I am beyond excited to join Jen and the rest of the IHeart Organizing team!"

No comments:

Post a Comment