My Parents' Kitchen


I've finally gone through all the photos I took of my parent's kitchen one afternoon this summer while we were up there visiting. My parent's moved into their new home just over a year ago and love every square inch of it. It is open (which is really nice when all of us kids and grandkids are swarming upon them) yet still cozy and warm feeling. The kitchen is one of my favorite rooms in their new house. I love all of the classic details they chose and the timeless black and white color scheme. And the wide plank floors are gorgeous!

As much as I would love to take credit for this space the only thing I did was spend an hour taking photos. My mom is the one who designed this beautiful kitchen. I won't bore you any more with any typing. Here are all the pictures:


Lillie and Lola LOVE the placement of the microwave and take great pleasure in getting to push the buttons themself when they are heating something up. A lot of people wondered about where we are putting our microwave when we posted our kitchen last week and I mentioned we'd like to do something like my parent's. We obviously can't do it in the same place but I'd like to find a way to built it into one of our lower cabinets.
























Source List:

Wall Color: Revere Pewter
Trim Color: Custom (made to match the windows)
Cabinet Color: Custom (Pre-painted)
Countertop: Black Pearl Granite
Curtains: Made by My Mom, Material from New England Fabrics
Lantern Pendants:  Ballard Design
Table:  Creative Woods
Desk:  Penelope's Secondhand Store - Painted in this Post
Stools:  Pottery Barns
Barnyard Toile Canisters:  Neiman Marcus
Chalkboard Frame: Twin Elm Farm, Peterborough, NH
Chalkboard Print:  Dear Lillie
Bird Prints:  Collections at Laurel & Grove, Peterborough, NH
Wooden Subway Art:  Distressed Designs on Etsy
Wire Baskets: Joss and Main
Glass Bottles: TJMaxx (slightly different than mine) 
 Scale, Pewter Vase Holding Wooden Utensils, Circular Cutting Board, Rusted Milk Jug and Distressed Box on Island: Various Antique Shops in NH
Flowers: All Freshly Cut From Jason's Garden  (which I am jealous of and he definitely doesn't appreciate) =)

 And if you haven't already make sure to check out my parent's dining room:

and their lovely guest room:

I hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment