The Easiest Pegboard Project Ever!

Last week I hinted that I was working on a couple of pegboard projects.  Why pegboard?  Because they offer a way to maximize vertical space while keeping commonly used items right at hand.  They allow you to mix and match a variety of storage options and keep your surfaces and work areas clutter free.  And they are versatile!  They can hold just about anything you wish, having options is always a win right?

My first peggy project is done and it was the easiest project ever.  You know quick and easy is the name of the game around here.   


After we removed a storage cabinet from our laundry room to use as a gift wrap station, we decided to take advantage of the fresh blank slate and bring in some new functionality.  Part of that meant creating a mini-zone for my sewing supplies and garment care items.  Y'all know I am no pro sewer, but I am dabbling in it a bit and hope to grow those skills.  I would imagine that a proficient sewer may have more supplies and tools than I do, but for me, this pegboard was the perfect size and solution for our space.


Did I mention that this was super simple?  Here is how it went down.  I rummaged through my frame stash that I am collecting for a hallway gallery wall project (yes, get on that already Jen), and found a Ribba frame from IKEA.  These frames are perfect for this project because they are deep enough to hold the pegboard away from the wall and allow room for the backs of the pegs to be inserted.  They also have little metal clips to hold the actual pegboard in place within the frame.


As you can see from the photo above, we measured, cut the pegboard to the size of the frame, and popped it inside.  Done.  If you don't have the tools to cut down the pegboard, just have your measurements handy, bat your pretty eyes and ask the fine folks at the home improvement store to do it for you.  OK, you don't even have to butter them up, if you purchase from them, most will offer cuts for free!


I gave the frame a coat of my favorite gold spray paint, and opted to leave the pegboard white to allow the colorful accessories to shine.


We already had the pegs from a few other pegboard projects that we have done in the past, however, those can also be found at the home improvement store.


As far as what I selected to store here, just the most commonly used items.  I have a small box holding the rest nearby.  Scissors, the rotary cutter, a tape measure, thread and needles.


Smaller items were placed in clear wall bud vases which I found a few years ago at CB2.  The thread is on a generic thread holder which was spray painted in a pretty pink.



And that is that!  Pegboard plus picture frame equals awesomeness.


I can't wait to share more as this space evolves!  It is turning into quite a fun project and the amount of storage we are adding is crazy exciting. 


Anyone else been having fun with peggy projects?


No comments:

Post a Comment