DIY Sea Glass Vases

Well friends!  Spring is officially here and I am soooooo ready!  Although our weather still doesn't reflect spring on the outside, I am doing what I can bring it inside!


I recently spotted some gorgeous hurricane vases and votives at West Elm:


The sea glass was a gorgeous touch that offered colors that fit right with my color scheme.  They felt fresh and springlike and I couldn't wait to put them onto our dining table.  Although I really loved the effect, but I wasn't a fan of the price.  So I used these beauties as inspiration for my own vases.

I started out with clear vases found at a craft store ranging in price from $1-$4.


Along with frosted glass spray paint.



I gathered a few frosted glass craft paints in some very springlike hues, including light tealy blues and beautiful purples.


Once the frosted glass was dry, I squirted the frosted glass paint directly on the side of the vase/votive.


To achieve the subtle textured effect on the glass, I used a foam roller to spread the paint by rocking the roller around the entire perimeter of the vase.



Once all of the vases received their coat of frosted color, I placed them into the oven to cure {bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes}.


Once the paint was cured, I used some leftover gold tape to add a little extra pizazz to the top edges.


To finish off the super simple project, I filled the vases with some fresh hydrangeas {thank you Trader Joe's} and the votives with some tealight candles.




Now our table has beautiful pops of color, including some pretty "color of the year" purples.


How are you bringing purple into your decor?  Check out these other darling ideas as part of this purple color challenge!  And check out past color challenges; Pink here and  Gold here.


No comments:

Post a Comment