March Monthly Organizing Challenge: Let's Get The Party Started!

The time has come my friends!  Time to see what you all were up to during the month of March!  Did you join the monthly cleaning challenge?  Maybe tackle a big project on your organizing list?  How about DIY'ing some labels?  Even if a single drawer is now more organized than it was prior to the month of March, you should feel elated!



I feel like March was one of my most productive months yet.  Although total projecting time was down a bit, not only did we tackle some sort of cleaning or organizing task each day of the week, but we also painted our living room, sewed curtains, DIY'd some craft boxes, crafted some sea glass vases and updated some frames in the studio.  Our home ended on a happy foot and so did we! 


  • In March I evaluated the way we look at our cleaning schedule.  I made a goal of cleaning or organizing one extra thing each day of the week.  I didn't want any one task to take too much extra time out of our already busy days {a lot of purging and wiping things down}, so I selected quick tasks which always need to be done, and also make a big impact to the overall function and feeling of our home.  You can catch up on the entire series here.
  • We painted our living room!  I know some of you expressed that the green will be missed, and I hear you!  A part of me misses the green as well, but at the end of the day, it doesn't make sense for the direction of our home.  I can't keep the walls green just for the sake of the blog, but I can continue to find ways to bring in color-happy finishes for the sake of our family's home enjoyment.


    • I participated in a fun color changes with some fabulous girls, and the goal was to use purple!  I realized I had absolutely zero purple in my home, so it pushed me to think a bit.  Something which I can swap out for the seasons, yet still works with our decor... VASES!  More specifically, sea glass vases.  And they turned out ooh la la lovely!
    • Sometimes you have to take two steps back in order to move forward.  And I did just that by giving the studio a blank slate.  I also added in a few simple frames in place of a cluttered memo board.  However, I am freaking out excited to bring color back into the space.  It just has to be the right color in the right amounts.
    • A craft cabinet is in the works and was in need of a some stylish storage boxes.  Feeling inspired, I transformed some simple white photo boxes into something a bit more playful.


    • One of my favorite updates in a long time was adding in new navy curtain panels to our kitchen and living room.  It was our first larger sewing project and the impact was so dramatic!  It was one more step in unifying the two spaces which flow together.




    You can also check out a few more posts I wrote over at the Better Homes & Garden's Style Spotter's Blog:
    • I am a huge fan of the black and white combo, it adds so much drama, sophistication and will remain classic for an eternity.  Check out my favorite black and white storage picks here.


    • And if you are looking to add in a center island to your kitchen like we are, or if you already have one and are looking for ways to maximize storage within it, you can find my recent kitchen island storage post here.


    Now it is your turn!  Time for you to share with me some of your happenings over the last month.



    As always, an over-sized thank you to all who participate in these challenges.  Checking out your posts is my guilty pleasure every month, so bring it on!

    Happy Friday folks!  And...


    IHeart Organizing is not responsible for the content uploaded and shared within the Monthly Link Parties on within the #wiorn hashtag feed.  However, it is a great way to join together in making organizing fun, so let's use our best internet etiquette and have a great time with this social party.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment