UHeart Organizing: A Shot of Caffeine in the Kitchen

Some people ask me where my energy comes from and the answer is always my morning cup of coffee.  It is my favorite way to start the day, and is much more than just the caffeine.  It is the experience, the warmth and those few sacred quiet moments before a busy day ahead.

Keeping mornings running smoothly typically entails keeping everything in zones and corralled together.  That is definitely the case when it comes to coffee stations; keeping everything together so you don't have to fumble half awake around the kitchen digging for mugs, spoons, sugars and nutmeg.

My darling friend, Cassie from Hi Sugarplum, is stopping in today to share how she kicked her coffee nook up a notch.  I just love how she pulled it together and I imagine her mornings start with a smile on her face!



Hey there, friends!  I'm thrilled to be back at Jen's, sharing my latest organizing overhaul.  This time it's for one of the most important, life-sustaining areas of the house....the coffee station!  Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee, right?!


When we cleaned out the junk drawers, many of you savvy readers wondered what became of the coffee pods that used to live in those drawers.  Truth was, I had to figure out a new system.  And don't ask how we ended up with both a Keurig and a Nespresso machine, but now we're addicted to both, so I've had to find a way to make them, and all their accessories, work in our small kitchen.

It's more efficient and convenient to keep everything together, so I dedicated the smallest section of counter space to our in-home coffee bar.


I have a thing about cords showing (see how I hide lamp cords here, and computer cords here), so my first task was to tackle the giant, industrial power cords for the two coffee machines.  Instead of plugging them both in the backsplash outlet, and having a nest of cords on the counter, I plugged them in a single power strip, then dropped it, and the excess cord, behind the fridge.


That also leaves me with an available outlet for the toaster or blender, when they're needed.


These type of coffee machines are amazing, but the pods always seem to be a nemesis!  So I grabbed a set of glass jars (mine are from Ikea), and filled the largest one with K-Cups, the medium with Nespresso pods, and the small one with sweetener.  A pitcher we brought back from this trip holds spoons and a tea sieve.  And the whole she-bang is corralled on a cheery tray that's easy to keep clean.



The cabinets above the coffee makers are glass, so it forces me to create clever, and chic, organization and storage.


Our mugs are stacked, with the cutest ones in the front.


And a woven basket holds extra coffee pods, tea bags, and hot chocolate.


This cute bowl, stacked on the cookbooks, holds assorted sweetener packets for guests that prefer them over sugar.  Everything we need to get the day started, is right at our fingertips!


I used a Command hook to hang one of my favorite pieces of art on the backsplash...not only does it make me happy to see each morning, but it detracts from the appliances and makes the space feel more decorated.


Now instead of a cluttered mess of boxes and pods, we have a happy corner for everyone to make their favorite drinks.  I've been known to lovingly pet this little spot from time to time.  Did things just get weird?



How do you tame the coffee maker clutter?  Happy organizing, lovebugs!

Other organized spaces in our Kitchen include:


 
"Hi, I'm Cassie, a DIY and design-obsessed Texas girl, and lover of travel, fashion, sarcasm and Mexican food. When I'm not hanging with my sweet and funny family, you can find me kicking the '80s out of our home, one budget project at a time, on my blog Hi Sugarplum!"

No comments:

Post a Comment