Reader Space: Video-licious Organizing!

Today's reader space is a little unique and so so fun at the same time!  Instead of bringing you oodles of inspirational photos, I am inviting my friend, Alejandra, here today to share a few of her incredible videos!

Alejandra Costello is a Certified Professional Organizer who shows individuals how to become more organized and productive on a daily basis by setting up systems that work for their own organizing style. Alejandra started her company, Alejandra.tv, in 2008 at the age of 23 and to date has shared her organizing expertise with thousands of people in over 100 countries around the world. Formerly an IT engineer, Alejandra's expertise has been featured in HGTV, CBS, Family Circle, Woman’s Day, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, NewsChannel8, and Mashable.

That's right my IHeart pals, Alejandra is a fellow "Clean Freak".  Love.

And this girl is GENIUS!  No joke, her solutions are so insanely smart, I am inspired by her each time I visit her site.  Mad organizing skillz!


I will let her show you first hand, her first tip today is all about organizing under the bathroom sink.


"One thing that’s super annoying about organizing underneath the bathroom sink is the annoying J-pipe in the middle of the cabinet! This totally limits what you can and cannot do when it comes to organizing the space.

In this video, I show you how I organized my bathroom cabinet to get the most out of the horizontal and vertical space. I just love this space now, everything is super easy to access, easy to put away, and there is now a home for everything!"




Next up, T-Shirts!


"While Ed was biking this morning, I tackled his t-shirt drawer. Although this looks like it took a while to do, it only took 30 minutes to fold everything! I think that’s totally worth it since now he’ll be able to immediately SEE what he has.  On a side note, I think he needs to downsize his t-shirt collection – it seems like guys always have sooooo many t-shirts!"



And, the following tip is by far the most brilliant way I have seen when it comes to organizing those pesky warranties, manuals and receipts.  Swoon!


"I woke up at 7:00AM on a Sunday {can you tell I love to organize?!} to organize my home warranties & manuals.

I don’t keep ALL of my receipts in here, only expensive items that I might return, need to show proof, might break, or sell one day. Small purchase receipts are kept somewhere else. A lot of warranties and manuals can be downloaded online {and thus the physical manual can probably be chucked or recycled}, however, I’m still stuck in the stone age and prefer “physical” paper I can see, touch, and hold."




Pretty incredible right?  And how much fun is it to see organization through a video!?  She does such a great job showing and explaining things, and is such a natural delight on camera. 

A bajillion thanks to Alejandra for stopping by today with her incredible tips and tricks.  You can find more super fantastic videos and tips on her website here.


 ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please submit your story and photos here and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and unedited.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment