Quick Tip: Cute Cord Labels

Our cords have some identity problems.  Wait, scratch that.  A certain little man should be locked up for snatching.  It seems every time I go to grab a charger cord, it has gone missing.  Little stinker.

We have a few good cord organizing systems... for most, we have charging stations where the cords stay put.  And for the others, I keep them stashed away in organized boxes I DIY'd awhile back.


The box works great for keeping those extra cords stored neatly away when it comes to the electronics we don't use on a daily basis {also keeping workspaces clutter free}.  However, for the cords that we travel with or that get moved around the home, sometimes it is a challenge to keep them order and know which cord belongs to which family member.  Especially when there are five people with similar electronics and devices.


Two of my favorite organizing products solved that problem in a jif!


Pretty washi tape combined with my handy label maker and now there is no question what the cord is for.


To make this awesomeness happen, I just wrapped the Washi tape around the cord and printed a label with my label maker onto clear label maker tape.  Then, I placed the label onto the Washi tape and done! 

For the cords that are mine, I made sure to use pretty flower tape, that way, my little youngster will hopefully avoid "mistakenly" grabbing mom's cords.


And for him.... I made it as clear as possible.


And, it's cute!  I thought I would be bothered by extra labels/tags on my cords, but I sorta love it!

Super quick, super easy and super effective!


No comments:

Post a Comment