Our January Kitchen and Family Room


Because I am not quite ready to take photos yet in the rooms I am working on upstairs, last week I went ahead and took photos of how the rooms looks downstairs now that the Christmas decor is all put away. It always seems a bit sparce at first but it also feels nice to have a clean slate. I am thinking about adding some pops of color in here soon but for now here is what it looks like. Ignore the color of the pizza paddle hanging on the wall. I had just purchased it the day before I took these pictures and hung it on the wall to see if I liked it there. I ended up staining it a few hours after I took these pictures and it looks much better now. I also hung our wire chandelier from our old house above the kitchen table the day after I took these pictures so I will try to take a few more soon. I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but it has grown on me and I think I will end up keeping it there until it comes time to figure out what I'm doing out of the porch which is where I plan on it eventually going.









If you are new here, here's a little shot at what this space looked like when we moved in this summer:





I moved the bench into the dining room back before Christmas and although I like it in there, I think I will eventually move it back into the kitchen under the chalkboard because I kind of miss it in here. 


 


SOURCE LIST:

Fireplace, Cabinet and Trim Color: London Fog in Semi-Gloss
Wall Color: was here when we moved but very similar to Simply White in Matte
Flush Mount Drum Shade Fixture - Lowe's (Think it was called the Valencia Flush Mount)
All appliances are Whirlpool and were purchased at Lowe's during their Memorial Day Sale
Pendants - These were a hand-me-down from my mom and they worked perfectly in here
Circular Mirror - Antique Farmhouse (from my sister, Dana)
Oversized Chalkboard - made by me 
Metal Island Cart - IKEA
Three-Tiered Wire Basket - Collections at Laurel and Grove in Peterborough, NH
Metal Baskets - Joss and Main
Dishes - Emma Collection from Pottery Barn
Chocolate Cups and Saucers - L. A. Burdick (from my sister, Jamie)
Canisters - Williams-Sonoma
Pillows - Home Goods, Target, Dear Lillie, made by my mom
Table - Pier 1 years ago and has since been painted with AS Chalk Paint in French Linen
All Dining Chairs - IKEA
Sectional - IKEA
Chevron Picture Frames - tutorial here
Tufted Chairs - TJMaxx
Script Chairs - TJMaxx
Painted French Cabinet - makeover here
TV Console - Antique shop in Camden, SC
Frames above chairs - tutorial here
Sconces - RH Baby and Child
Mirror - Restoration Hardware
Rocking Horse - RH Baby and Child
Urns on Fireplace - Seasons in Williamsburg (years ago on clearance)
Lamp on side table - Joss and Main
Side Table - Pottery Barn (years ago and has since been painted)
Coffee Table - Pottery Barn (also years ago and has since be made over - you can read more here)
Rug - Rugs USA, Satara Edison Nickel Rug (I got the 7'6" by 9'6" but wish I had gone up at least one size larger!)
Runner - Home Decorator's Collection
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's 
Basket on Coffee Table - Savvy in Williamsburg
Tall French Cabinet - consignment shop (you can read about that makeover here
Paperwhites and wreath on cabinet - Savvy in Williamsburg

Have a fabulous week!





No comments:

Post a Comment