An Epic High/Low Challenge Recap

A huge organizing myth that I am trying my hardest to bust is that storage is expensive.

Sure it can be, but it doesn't have to be.  I love to dabble with DIY projects for a lot of reasons, mainly because I find many aspects of it stress relieving and I enjoy getting creative, but there are also times when it allows me to save a little money as well.  For the past few months, I have been sharing some of the ways that I  have taken inspiration from expensive home accents and storage and recreated them on a budget for our own home.  I have had SO much fun with the challenge, and from the looks of it, you all love to save a little moolah as well!


You used what you had, you pulled out the paint, you even got down with your sewing machines.  Thank you to all who participated in this fun challenge and took the time to inspire the rest of us with your creativity!

You can find all of the brilliance here, below I am giving a preview of just some of the fantastic projects you will see.

__________________________________________________________


Heather was inspired by some beautiful Ballard Design beverage tags, and I think she did an amazing job creating her own set using .29 cent wooden tags from the craft store.

{via}


After a trip to the home improvement store, Katie was able to DIY her daughter some great narrow shelving to hold all of her favorite books.

{via}


I love, love, LOVE wallpaper, but it can be so expensive and a pain to remove down the road.  Heather put up some temporary gift wrap in her closet to achieve the same impact and I think it is downright gorgeous!

{via}


Claudia also shows how wrapping paper rocks in a medicine cabinet!

{via}


You guys, this one is good.  So good I really couldn't tell the difference between the inspiration and Aniko's DIY version.

{via}
 

Have an unused nook?  Make it functional or give your home a little extra character with lovely shelving like these beauties DIY'd by Michelle!

{via}


Another way to maximize a small nook is to do exactly what Sarah did; take advantage of the vertical space with shelving and dowels and hooks!  Now she has a perfectly pretty place to craft!

{via}


Jess proves that when you pair craft store baskets with spray paint, you can achieve the same look as those playful baskets sold at Crate & Barrel and Land of Nod.

{via}


Hotel key holders are so feakin' darling and I really heart how Claudia used simple materials to create her own version for her home.

{via}


To say that I am green with envy over Emily's cookware storage is an understatement!  And to know that the organizers for her lids and pans only ran her a few dollars each?  I would agree they are worth every last penny!

{via}


If you are looking to makeover an old piece of furniture that you scored on Craigslist or at a thrift store, you must check out Painted Furniture Ideas for all sorts of paint techniques and inspiration!

{via}


Never let leftover packaging go to waste!  It is amazing what it can be used for if you put a little thought into it!

{via}


Zippered pouches are amazing for organizing so many things, especially the contents of your purse or tote.  Erin shares a tutorial so you can sew your own, and it looks easy enough that I may even break out my sewing machine and give it a whirl!

{via}


Carissa has a gift for creating high-end home decor on a thrifty budget; just check out her version of Pottery Barn's window mirror.

{via}


I love me some Anthropologie, but $48 for a desk organizer?  No thank you!  Katie's $3 version is much more up my ally!

{via}


We have seen amazing gift wrap storage solutions before, but one from an over the door bathroom organizer?  So stinkin' smart!

{via}


Small entryways can be an organizational bear, but that didn't stop Jen from creating gigantic amounts of wall storage in a super tight space. 

{via}


Kayla & Justin make an amazing team!  They also make amazing things out of wood!  Check out her beautiful shoe storage which even includes adjustable shelving!

{via}


And if you love to plan your attire for the week ahead, then you will also love the AH-MAZING clothing rack makeover done by my beautiful friend, Kristin.  The girl has a gift for putting the extra in ordinary!

{via}


And boom!  Just like that I am ready to shut down my computer and go get started on my next organizing project.

A huge thank you again to everyone who participates in these monthly challenges!  Again, you can find all of these projects and more here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment