Our Super Simple Christmas Card Display

With all of the craziness, hustle and bustle, late nights, running errands, gift wrapping, treat baking, home decorating, memory making and hot cocoa drinking that is taking place, I am all about keeping everything as simple as possible.  And over the last couple of days, our Christmas greeting cards have begun to trickle in, so I knew it was time to figure out how we would be displaying them and enjoying them this year.

Last year, we went with a simple ribbon display on our pantry door...


It worked great!  But, I felt like mixing things up this year.  Weird, I know...


For this project, I borrowed the frame from a memo board I had made for our studio, and temporarily popped the cork out {it can easily be re-attached after this project expires}.  I just love the frame so much, it seemed perfect for the project.

Then, I used bakers twine to string between the edges of the frame.  I just stapled the twine onto the back of the frame {holding it in place with a small knot}.


The next step was to determine how to hang the cards from the string.  Mini clothespins to the rescue, paired with pretty washi tape.


The small clips are the perfect solution for quickly gripping the holiday cards!


I used blingy ornaments and paper cutouts {made with the Silhouette}, to fill in the empty areas of the frame until more cards come in the mail.


For added flair, I labeled the wall... again...


I created the vinyl cutout with my Silhouette, and it is completely removable after the holidays come to an end.


I love walking through the front door to see such happiness and all of the smiling faces of our loved ones!  I definitely brings us joy!





No comments:

Post a Comment