Our New Sideboard and Updated Dining Room



As I mentioned earlier this week during our Christmas house tour I am back now with the details on our new sideboard and lamps. I started looking for a sideboard and hutch pretty much as soon as we moved in this summer and for the last several months this room has been pretty much empty except for the table. I regularly checked craigslist and our local consignment and antique shops in hopes that something would turn up. Finally, after months of looking I saw this at one of the consignment shops. It's actually a media cabinet but it works perfectly for what we needed in here.


I originally pondered not painting it. In fact I left it unpainted for a couple of weeks trying to decide if I should paint it or not. In the end it was just a little too red (it's hard to tell that in the photo but it had a reddish/orange tinge to it) and didn't go with the wood of the table and chairs so I pulled the trigger and went ahead and painted it with Annie Sloan's French Linen from our sponsor Lady Butterbug. They ship their paint so quickly! It has arrived each time just two days after I ordered it. And I LOVE this color. I need to repaint our kitchen table and am pretty sure I am going to use this same color. I haven't waxed the sideboard yet but I do plan on doing that at some point. Once I got it painted I knew I wanted a set of lamps. I have always loved the look of two lamps on a buffet. We had that in our first house and I always kind of missed it in our last house. I ran into Home Goods hoping they might have something but honestly wasn't expecting to find anything. I first saw these ones but passed by them because I saw one that I fell completely in love with. Unfortunately though, there was only one so I went back over to these. I didn't think they were as pretty but for $25 I figured it couldn't hurt to try so I brought them home fully expecting to be returning them the next day. Well, once I put them on the sideboard I decided I loved them. YAY!

Here are a few before and afters of the piece and the dining room in general. 






Now I can continue my hunt for a hutch...

SOURCE LIST:

Wall Color - Gray Owl at 75% in Matte Finish
Trim Color - Simply White in Semi-gloss Finish
Beadboard Wallpaper - Allen and Roth from Lowe's
Chandelier - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Dinnerware - Mikasa, French Countryside Collection
Chargers - Pottery Barn (seven years ago)
Placemats - Target (probably nine years or so ago)
Slipcovered Chairs - IKEA
Side Chairs - Joss and Main
Farmhouse Table - We made it - more details here
Clock - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA (a couple of years ago)
Mirror - Restoration Hardware (six years ago but I think they still sell it)
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
Sideboard - The Velvet Shoestring (consignment shop - then painted with Annie Sloan's French Linen chalk paint from Lady Butterbug.
Lamps - Home Goods
Bowl with ornaments - wedding gift
Wreaths on Chairs - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Paperwhites - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA

And don't forget to enter our joint contest with Polyvore to win one of TWO $500 GIFT CARDS TO POTTERY BARN. Check out this post for more details.


And if you haven't already check out the Christmas House Walk hosted by Jennifer Rizzo - You can start here. We are house #12 on day 2.



Have a wonderful Friday! 
;

No comments:

Post a Comment